3/20/2010

I Like Food, Food Tastes Good



I Like Food, Food Tastes Good
(In the Kitchen with Your Favorite Bands)

c 2007 Kata Zuaro

Exploding Sandwich, Eddie Vedder Stew, and Chocolate Worm are among the recipes included here. While most of the recipes were submitted directly by bands, bandmembers, and various girlfriends/wives/parents of bandmembers, the recipe for Exploding Sandwich was transcribed from a hidden track on a record by singer-songwriter Hayden. Recent releases of that particular record no longer contain the hidden track, so Hayden said the recipe for Exploding Sandwich could be included in this book.

You'll find within I Like Food recipes for the usual occasions: breakfast, main course, dessert, etc. And, being a book of recipes from touring rock bands, there's even a hangover remedy included (Cheesy Sleazy).

Speaking of hangovers, there's also a section of drink recipes. The John Glenn is a simple combination of Tang instant breakfast drink and vodka. A variant uses Jack Daniels instead of vodka and is called the Buzz Aldrin.


One of the most entertaining recipes to read (or simply to look at) is Africanitas Ricas, which was submitted by Devendra Banhard. This is not your standard recipe notation, in that it involves an abundance of exclamation points, random capitalization and what appears to be plain old gobbledygook (but might be some sort of incantation) (see photo).


The books titles comes from the song "I Like Food" by Descendents. Here's part of the song's lyrics:

I like food, food tastes good!
I like food, food tastes good!
Juicy burgers, greasy fries,
Turkey legs and raw fish eyes
Teenage girls, with ketchup too!
Get out of my way, or I'll eat you!


Now, get this book, crank up the tunes, and get cooking! 

1 comment:

Mimi said...

So glad I found you on twitter! This is right up my alley.

I am cooking/blogging my way thru the Weight Watchers 1972 program cookbook. It's pretty scary. Loads of fun.

I will be following! Hope you'll stop by and see me!
http://theskinnyjeansproject.blogspot.com/